Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving afternoon at the park

Since we had to wait for the turkey to cook, and I wasn't tired at my usual nap time since I slept in so late, we went to the Elementary School near Grandma and Grandpa's house to play on the playground. It was a lot of fun!

I got to ride on the Space Shuttle with Grandma. We had a nice flight, and even came across a friendly Space Dog (also known as Shadow, or should I say Ya-do? Sorry, Grandma, that I learned the dog's name before yours)!



Then Daddy took me way high up into the air onto one of the big slides. We were way up there! But I knew I was safe and couldn't wait to go down again. It was fun!



Then it was Grandma's turn again, and we walked over to pick out a good swing. Grandma remembers walking Daddy to the swings just like this over 30 years ago. I'm much cuter though!



We had a good time on the swing!



But apparently I'm a little thrill seeker, because after the swings we went back to the slides. A little smaller slide this time, one that I could go down alone. And I practically flung myself down it each time!



I liked the park and hope we get to go again next time we visit them!

After all that playing, I was pretty tired. When we went home I fell asleep in Daddy's arms. It's still one of my favorite places to nap, and I think he likes it too.

When I woke up it was almost time to eat Thanksgiving dinner. Everybody was making this big fuss about how good the food was going to be, and how good everything smelled, but I wasn't getting it. They set a plate of food down in front of me, and I did not like it one bit! Everybody was raving about how good everything was, but I didn't want any of it. I may have picked at the potatoes but that's about it. I didn't want any turkey, or stuffing, or anything.

Now, a little while after dinner was dessert - homemade pumpkin pie. Ahh, now this is something I can get excited about. And it sure was delicious! I ate my piece right up! Maybe next year I'll like some more of the food. But it was a nice day anyway. And the best part is we'll be here until tomorrow too!