Saturday, September 6, 2008

Still learning to feed myself

I'm really good at feeding myself with my hands. I just grab a wad of food and cram it on in! Works for me, but Mommy thinks that I should learn to use utensils, like her (Daddy of course we won't talk about!) Although I've been practicing with them for a while, it still takes some work and I usually end up with the spoon sideways or backwards or the food falling into my lap. But I'm getting better! In fact, starting the last few weeks, if Mommy or Daddy try to feed me something, I push it away. But if they set it down in front of me instead, I'll feed myself! I'm a big girl, I don't need anyone feeding me. What do they think I am, a baby? I'm almost 15 months!

Here I am eating some yogurt, all by myself. Don't let the fact that half of the container appears to be on my face, hands, and bib fool you, I did really well! (Although Mommy had already wiped the big glob off of my forehead and hair. I'm not sure how it got up there.)