Thursday, September 18, 2008

Had my surgery today

As I mentioned last week, I had to have another ear tube inserted in my left ear due to my recurring ear infections. So this morning we showed up bright and early at the hospital at 6 AM. Unlike last time, I was awake for the whole car ride in, I didn't fall right back asleep. But just like last time, I was a really good girl the whole time, even though I couldn't have anything to eat or drink!

The surgery was scheduled for 7:45, but the doctor was running late. In the meantime I did start getting a little fussy being cooped up in the pre-op room - I just wanted to walk around a bit! So we did, and I got to wave at and say "hi" to all the other patients and help cheer them up!

The nurse finally came and got me at about 8:20. Everything went great, and pretty quickly too! When the nurse was pushing me back into post-op on the gurney, I wasn't crying like last time. No, I was sitting up giving a big two-handed wave to all the other patients. You wouldn't know I just had surgery! I was really glad to see Mommy and Daddy again, and gave them big hugs. But then I saw they had some milk with them, and I got really hungry all of a sudden!

I feel so much better now. The doctor was able to suction out some of the infection, and even my balance is a little bit better. But I sure hope I don't have to go through that again!