Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten!

I've been talking about it for months, and today the big day finally arrived - my first day of Kindergarten!  I was pretty excited about it, and Mommy and Daddy were too, though they kept saying how they can't believe I'm starting Kindergarten already!  We woke up a little earlier than normal just to make sure I got to the bus stop on time, but everything went quickly and we had lots of time to spare!  I decided to wear a pretty outfit for my first day.
 
 
We got lots of pictures of me with Daddy and Mommy.  Look at how big my smile is - I'm so excited!


 
I started to walk to the bus stop with Mommy, and we turned around and gave Daddy a big wave.

 
Then Daddy took over and walked me the rest of the way.  Silly Mommy and Daddy, we only had to walk down the sidewalk two houses!


I'm ready for the bus!  (And sticking one leg out in one of my poses.)

 
But wait, the bus pulled up on the other side of the street!  The bus driver called out the window - "Kindergarten?"  How'd he know? He told us we were on the wrong side of the street!  We walked on over and he opened the door for me, since I'm the only one at this stop.  When I stepped up into the bus, he told me to turn around and give Mommy and Daddy a big wave.  So I did!

 
And away I went...

 
We made a few other stops, and when I got to the school, silly Mommy and Daddy were waiting for me to get off the bus!  They drove and beat the bus there, wanting to see me walk into school on my first day.  They weren't the only parents, though.  I got off the bus and followed the blue line to the door of the school.  Since Daddy and I had already come for the open house, I knew where my room was, and headed down the hallway right to it.
 
What big adventure awaits me inside?  I can't wait to find out!