Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Mommy, look at that!"

Today Mommy decided to make some smoothies, which to Daddy and me means we get to sneak lots of whip cream! Of course I like it when Daddy squirts it right into my mouth, but we have to make sure Mommy’s not looking first. So Daddy came up with a clever new way of getting Mommy to look away. As we were sitting at the table, he said “Mommy, look at that strange bird out the window!” Mommy turned and looked, but I didn’t quite understand at first, until he held the whip cream up right in front of my face. Then I caught on really quick! From then on, Daddy didn’t have to say anything, because I came up with my own things to get her to look at!

My first attempt was “Mommy, look at that white thing on Mr. Bill’s porch (our neighbor)!” But I got better each time. My next try was “Mommy, look at the elephant on Mr. Bill’s roof!” And the last one was “Mommy, look at the camel on the ceiling!” I think she might have been a little bit suspicious by this time, and she caught us on the last one when Daddy had a little too much whip cream in his mouth. Silly Daddy! I’m sure she’ll forget by next time, though, so we’ll get to trick her again!