Sunday, November 27, 2011

Decorating the Christmas tree!

I love decorating the Christmas tree, and today we got to do it!  Before Mommy and Daddy got up, I had gone downstairs and cleaned up all my toys from the family room.  I even moved some things out of the way to make room for the tree.  I went and got Daddy up, and we put up the tree.  When Mommy came down, she was pretty surprised the tree already up and the room nice and neat!  They were very proud of me!  She said we would decorate it after church.  So we did! 

Daddy brought all the boxed up from the basement, and in one of the first ones was a Santa doll that Mommy has had for a long time.  I gave it a super big hug!


Then we got to work.  I quickly found "my" Santa hat so I could be in the right mood.  It was fun seeing all of our ornaments again.


I let Mommy or Daddy get the high branches, but we still ended up with a lot more down low than up high.  Daddy commented that every year, the ornaments make their way higher up the tree!


Once we had all the ornaments on, Daddy got out the angel and I got to put her on the top.  He didn't have to tell me how to put her on this year!


After we put on the angel, Daddy found another box with all the garland.  Ooh, fun!  I took right to this while Mommy and Daddy were in another room, and had a great time stringing it up my way!  Mommy made a few adjustments once I was done.


We also put up some other decorations around the house, so it looks very festive.  Daddy leaves for Oklahoma City for a week tomorrow, but when he gets back we'll put some lights up outside.  Then we'll really be ready.  I'm already so excited that Santa's coming, I keep telling Mommy and Daddy that I can't wait!