Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I bumped my head today

I was playing at school today and wasn't looking where I was going as I was running inside (which I know I wasn't supposed to be doiong anyway).  I tripped on the leg of a table and hit my head above my right eye.  It really hurt!  My bruise swelled up fast and there was some blood too.  The teacher called Mommy, and she called Daddy.  A few minutes later, Daddy came over to see how I was doing!  Since it was after 3:00, he asked if I just wanted to go home and maybe have a treat to help me feel better.  Sounded good to me, so we headed out.  I was really good about keeping an ice pack on it most of the way.  As we were driving, Daddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse - would I like to stop by "Ritter's Frozen Custard" on the way home?  Yes! 

Of course I wanted to keep it a secret from Mommy that we had a treat.  I told Daddy, "So Mommy doesn't know we had Ritter's Frozen Custard, I have a plan!"  When he asked what the plan was, I giggled and said, very sneakily, "We'll wipe off our faces!"  I was very proud of my plan!

I ordered a "Kid's Crunch" and Daddy had an "Oreo Glacier".  Since it had rained earlier, the outdoor seats were all wet (they don't have indoor seating).  He suggested we sit in the car, and I could sit in the front passenger seat while we ate.  I thought that was a super big deal!  Once Daddy and I were done with our little date, we headed home, and Mommy was already there.  She guessed where we went!

Although it hurt a little bit this evening, I was back to playing like normal really quickly.  Must have been the frozen custard!