Saturday, August 20, 2011

Huffman Prairie "Aero Carnival"


On the air force base is an area called "Huffman Prairie".  It's where the Wright Brothers did all their practice flying after they flew at Kitty Hawk, and where they taught others to fly.  Today there was an "Aero Carnival" run by the National Park Service.  We didn't know what to expect, but the advertisement said they'd have "bouncy houses" so we figured it couldn't be too bad!

First we had to stop by Daddy's office so he could do something for a few minutes.  I got to see all my drawings he has put up!  I also got to wear his hardhat and safety glasses!


Then we headed to the Aero Carnival and met Zoe and Mia there!  We had a lot of fun for a long time on the bouncy houses. 



They even had a replica 1911 Wright B Flyer for us to look at.  Of course I wanted to touch the propeller, so Daddy held me up.  We asked if it was okay first!


They also had some antique cars and some games for the kids to play, so I had a good time.  But mostly I just wanted to go back to the bouncy houses!