Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flying with Daddy to dinner

A friend of Daddy's hosts a fly-in BBQ dinner every Wednesday night at an airport about 25 minutes away.  We haven't been able to make it yet (and it has been really hot this summer) but finally today we went!  I was a great girl on the ride up and mostly just played with my dolls.  Occassionally Daddy would tell me "20 more minutes" and I'd respond excitedly, "I can count to 20!" and of course then show him how good I could count.

When we got there, Daddy's friend had a golf cart parked near the hangar.  Daddy said it was okay if I sat on it, but he wisely took the key out and went and talked to the other people there.  A minute later, he heard "Daddy, it's moving!!!" I had released the parking brake and was rolling down the slight hill it was parked on!  Daddy came to my rescue, though, and his friend asked if I wanted to drive it.  Of course I said yes!  So with Daddy sitting next to me, we drove around the airplane parking area (fortunately it is big and had only a few planes on it).  Daddy helped with the steering, but I worked the pedals by myself!

We had a great time eating, playing and looking at airplanes.  When we flew back home, I told Mommy that I wanted to go back every day!  Daddy liked the sound of that!