Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flying to dinner with Daddy again

It was another nice day, so Daddy and I headed up to the other airport again for the Wednesday night BBQ fly-in.  I was great on the ride up and mentioned a few times how I hoped I could drive the golf cart again.  Well, what was the first thing Daddy's friend said when we arrived?  "Piper, would you like to drive the golf cart?"  I ran right over!  Daddy helped me steer again, and we went super fast.  This time, since we arrived early, we were the only airplane on the parking ramp, so as long as I didn't hit it we would be fine.  I made lots of tight turns and circles and showed Daddy I can really drive well.  Then I told him I wanted to drive all by myself!  Not quite yet, he said.


Since we were there early, I was even put to work loading soda cans into the cooler.  I was excited to help, and did a great job.  When the other planes arrived I made sure to get a good look at all of them, including crawling under the ones with retractable landing gear to find out where the wheels went!

Too soon we had to leave because it was getting late, but I know we'll be back again soon.  On the way back we flew right over our house and made a big circle.  Mommy came out back and got a picture!


When we got home and told Mommy all about the flight, she asked me what my favorite part was.  Without any hesitation, I answered back "Being with Daddy!"