Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cedar Mills, TX with Daddy

Today Daddy thought it would be fun to head on down to Cedar Mills, TX. It's right on Lake Texoma and they have a grass runway there, along with a marina, a restaurant, a small petting zoo, and other neat things to do and see. We met up with some of Daddy's friends and had a good time. I even ate most of my lunch (chicken strips) at the restaurant, which is amazing for me, especially since I was around new people! Daddy was pretty surprised, but very happy!

After lunch we walked out on the boat docks and looked at some of the boats. Some ducks even came over to say hi. Daddy didn't get any pictures, though, he thought it more important to keep me from falling in the water!

We then made our way to the petting zoo. They had goats, sheep, a cow, rabbits, and two roosters. I didn't really approach any of the animals (I was a little scared), but I did take to following these roosters around for a while!



When we left, Daddy showed me how much fun it is to kick and stomp on the fallen leaves!



I slept most of the way back, which Daddy thought was great.

When we got home, we had some important gardening to do. Grandma and Grandpa had given us this maple tree that just started growing in their yard. Daddy said he'd take it yesterday, so we brought it home and planted it. Grandma and Grandpa said it's really been growing fast, so in not too long it should be taller than me!



Daddy dug up the tree that we had transplanted last year and put this one in its place. It had never been a very healthy-looking tree, and we decided to put in something that will hopefully give us some shade in a few years. We'll see!