Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday party, the playground, and a surprise!

What a fun-filled day today was!  My friends Zoe and Mia celebrated their birthdays today, and had a big birthday party with lots of kids over.  We started out doing some crafts while we waited for everyone to show up.  I was really focused on making a necklace with these beads, even when they all fell off a couple of times.  I just picked them back up and started again.  Determined!


Then we all went outside and it was time for presents, lots of play, and cupcakes!  I decided the sun was a little too hot on this 57 degree day, so I cooled off under their little umbrella.


We all did a lot of running around.  Four of us girls even chased Daddy around some.  We eventually got him!  Mommy said Daddy's a real ladies' man.


Then Mia joined me under the umbrella!


A rope in the back yard inspired an impromptu game of tug-of-war.  Daddy helped us, and although we didn't win, we sure did giggle a lot!


Then it was time for cupcakes.  I dropped whatever I was doing and ran right over.  Yum!


After some more play, Daddy and I wanted another cupcake.  We decided to share it.  I didn't really want to, but then Daddy had a funny idea - he'd eat the bottom and I'd eat the top.  That sure sounded good to me!  Notice how intently I made sure he didn't get any of the icing!


It was a great party, but pretty soon it was time to leave.  But it was still a beautiful day, so we decided to stop and play at the YMCA playground right around the corner from their house.  We hadn't played here before since it has been some cold this winter.  It was a pretty big playground, and we ran all over.  I spent a long time on the swings, asking Daddy to keep pushing me higher and higher.  We scared Mommy!  Then I wanted Daddy to swing by himself, and told him to go super high.  He sure did!


Earlier I had seen a surprise Mommy had for me in the trunk of her car.  I was pretty excited about it, but she told me if I was really good today, I could have it when we got home.  And I was great all day!  It's a set of seven Disney Princess dolls!  I love them and they are definitely getting a lot of use!