Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We've been having fun with Mommy

It has been almost two weeks since Mommy got home, and we've been having a fun time.  Mommy's been pretty busy during the day trying to get ready for our move, so most days I do go into school for a little while, but I still get a lot of play time with her and Daddy. 

The first weekend she was back, Mommy, Daddy and I just spent the whole weekend together (mostly at home since it has been so hot outside).  We read, and played, and danced around silly, and just had a great time being together again. 

On Wednesday the 18th Mommy and I had a really special day.  First we went to one of my favorite places, the froggie bouncy-bounce place (Jump!Zone) and played until I wore myself out.  I told Mommy I was ready to go home, but strangely as soon as she mentioned that there's an ice cream place just a little further down the building, I didn't want to go home anymore.  So we both had a little treat.  I got mint ice cream with M&Ms, and I ate it all!  Mommy got cake batter ice cream with oreos, and she ate it all too!  I am definitely Mommy's daughter when it comes to ice cream.  Then we went shopping for some new clothes for me.  After we got home, I was so tired I took a nice long nap with Mommy.  It was great!

On Saturday the 21st Mommy and I went to the Omniplex.  I got to show her how much of a big girl I've become while she was away.  I think I scared Mommy a few times (like going down the super big turny slide), but I was having fun!

On Monday the 23rd it was Mr. Duaine's birthday, so Mommy and I made dessert. I told Mommy we should put in lots of chocolate chips, but Mommy said the recipe didn't call for chocolate chips (it was apple caramel squares).  I said that I should try some anyway to make sure they were still good for next time.  Then we took Mr. Duaine out for dinner (to Texas Roadhouse, so of course I ate a lot of rolls, but I also found out I like peanuts!) and then came back to our house for dessert.  So I got to sing Happy Birthday nice and loud for him.  We had a fun time and Mr. Duaine really enjoyed himself.

On Tuesday and Wednesday the weather finally gave us some relief from the 100+ degree temperatures, cooling down to the 80's, so I finally got to go out and ride my bike again!  Mommy and Daddy walked behind me, but they didn't realize I'd become so fast.  They had to run a little to keep up!  I did enjoy taunting them with "Nanna nanna boo boo, you can't catch me!"  Of course then Daddy or Mommy would try to catch me, and I'd ride as fast as I could.  They'd catch up to me and I'd giggle!

Throughout this time I've been helping Mommy a lot in the kitchen, making dinner (and some desserts), and just learning as much as I can.  Daddy sure likes getting to eat the food too!

I've also become very affectionate since Mommy came home.  Many times a day I will go up to Mommy or Daddy and say "I have to tell you a word ..... I love you!"  And I also come up at random times to them and say "I just have to give you a hug".  They think it's very cute.  Of course, I have also started using these as "delaying" tactics when they want me to brush my teeth or get ready for bed or something - "But first, I just need to give you a hug!"  It's still pretty cute though.