Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mommy's home! And she doesn't have to go back!

I've been saying it for a while now - when Mommy comes home, she won't have to go back to Indiana (or Wisconsin, or anywhere else).  And today she came home!  Daddy picked her up at the airport and brought her to see me at school.  I was so excited to see her at the door that I dropped whatever I was doing and ran over to give her a big hug. 


Since Daddy and I went there on Saturday, every time we've passed Rusty's Frozen Custard, I've pointed it out, and mentioned how we "shake, shake, shake them upside down and it doesn't come out!"  Mommy has never been there, but we knew she'd like it, so we decided to go.  Especially since it's on the way home!  I showed her all about how to hold the custard upside down.


Since it was still pretty early, we decided to head over to the library.  I gave Mommy and Daddy a puppet show too.  Are you ready?


After the library we headed on home.  We told Mommy that we had a surprise for her, and I had to lead her into the kitchen with her eyes closed.  It was tricky, but we made it.  When she opened her eyes, she got to see all the decorations and flowers we got for her.  She really liked them! 


Daddy and I also got her some "welcome home" cards.  I picked mine out all by myself.  I thought it was funny because it had a big owl on it.  I told Mommy that my card says "HOOT!" and she said "HOOT!" too!


What is really special about this card is that I wrote my name "almost" all by myself.  Daddy didn't touch the pen at all, but he did have to remind me how to make the E and the R.  But I did all the writing!  That's the first time I've written my name without Daddy or Mommy helping to move the pen.  They're very proud of me!


Mommy had a surprise for me too - some more Dora movies!  I thought this was pretty great (and Daddy is certainly ready for some new ones!)


Daddy and I are so glad Mommy's home, and most importantly, that she doesn't have to go back.  Mommy and I are going to have a great time the next couple of weeks as she gets some time off work.  I can't wait!