Saturday, May 17, 2008

My SECOND flying lesson!

Daddy's been itching to continue my flight training ever since my first ground school lesson way back on July 4th of last year. I was all of 3 weeks old at the time, so he wanted to make sure I didn't forget everything he taught me. So today we all headed out to the University of Oklahoma airport in Norman, OK for my very first flight!



Daddy was very thorough in showing me what all the controls and instruments do. I was fascinated as you can tell!



Mommy sat in the back seat with me to keep me company. I had to check to make sure her microphone was positioned properly, and that Daddy's shoulder strap was secure. With that bit of the preflight done, we were ready to takeoff!



Here we are just getting airborne. I have discovered that the microphone cord sure does taste good, and seem to be oblivious to the miracle of flight that we are undertaking.



But Daddy is such a good pilot and so smooth on the controls (he told me to say that) that I ended up just taking a little snooze near the end of the 40-minute flight. Daddy says we flew over our house and downtown OKC.



Here we come in for a nice landing. Good flight Daddy!