Monday, May 26, 2008

Grandpa Roslewski in the hospital for heart surgery

This week we found out that Grandpa Roslewski was going to need bypass surgery on his heart. I thought we should get right up there so I could make him feel better, and so on Thursday night we headed up to Tulsa to the St. Francis Hospital. Grandpa's surgery was scheduled for Friday afternoon, so we got to see him in the morning for a while too. Here I am trying to cheer him up some. I think it worked!





While there, I got ahold of Grandpa's comb and started learning how to comb my own hair!





Once they took Grandpa into surgery, I wasn't allowed to see him again until he left the ICU a few days later. So Mommy and I spent a lot of time either at their house or in the waiting room. Since I still wanted to be helpful, I tried to help Mommy unload the dishwasher. Mommy forgot to tell me that the forks and spoons weren't clean yet! But I still felt like a big help.





Grandma has a lot of talking toys for me to play with. Daddy is very glad that they are at Grandma's house and not at ours! Can you pick me out from among my friends?





I was very happy to hear that Grandpa's surgery went really well, and they finally let him out of the ICU on Monday morning. I sure was looking forward to seeing how he was doing once he got into the recovery room! I'd say he's doing just fine. We stayed a while and then came back home, since Mommy and Daddy had to go back to work on Tuesday. He was released from the hospital on Tuesday morning and we're very happy it was a successful surgery! We love you Grandpa!





Once we got back home I crawled into the suitcase to assist with the unpacking!