Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Utah vacation

Wow, what a vacation we just finished up!  Mommy's good friends Betty and Herald are retired and rent a condo in Park City, Utah, every year for a month during the summer.  They invited us to come up and stay with them sometime, and so we did!  Mommy and I flew there on June 5th, and Daddy flew in to join us on June 8th.  We stayed until the 12th, and really had a great time.  I had so much fun getting spoiled by "Auntie Betty" and "Uncle Herald" that I didn't want to go back home.

We got to see where Mommy went to college (BYU), met her friends Nylene, Lanette, Natalie, and their families, went hiking to a waterfall, visited the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics, went to a carnival, saw a parade, and got to play in a hot tub every day!  What a busy time, but so much fun.

At BYU, Mommy always tells us of this big hill she had to climb to get to her classes (uphill both ways, in the snow no less).  She wanted us to climb it too, but there was construction and we couldn't!


Here I am with Mommy and one of her former roomates, Natalie.


We hiked up to Bridal Veil Falls, but before we did, Mommy and I stuck our toes in the water at the bottom.  It was cold!


When Mommy mentioned that we should go walk the trail to the falls, Daddy assumed she meant the dirt trail up the side of the hill to the actual waterfall.  Mommy had only meant the paved road down at the bottom, she had never hiked up the hill.  But we started up the hill anyway, and although it was pretty steep at points and I had to hold on to Daddy a lot, we made it up to the base of the falls (not the top)!



Every morning I wanted to play in the hot tub in the condo.  Since we didn't really have much of a schedule, Mommy and Daddy thought it was a great idea, and we had fun.  We even tried to play "Marco Polo" but there wasn't really enough room!


When we visited Lanette's house, we got to play in the nearby park.  Her daughter Lisa played with me a lot, it was like having a big sister.  Daddy caught us hiding in the tunnel!


I surprised Mommy and Daddy by swinging across these super-high monkey bars, no problem!


We went to a carnival and a parade too.  Then had some carnival rides that were a lot of fun.  I always like slides.


I really wanted to go on this little ride too.  Lisa was nice and joined me.

Of course my 5th birthday came while we were there, and Betty and Herald gave me some presents.  Look at this pretty dress!


We even had a little party with cupcakes!


When we went to the Olympic Park, we got to see lots of neat things.  They still do training for the different types of ski jumps there, and we got to see athletes practicing.  Some of them were spinning all around too. 

Daddy and I both like maps, so we had to stop and look at this big map of the local mountains.


I climbed right on in the bobsled, and of course wanted Daddy to join me.

We took a ski lift ride, and got a good view of some of the ski jump practice.  I thought it was fun, so we rode it again!


It was a really great trip.  Betty and Herald go up there every year, so I sure hope we can go back again sometime.  He were all are right before we left!