Sunday, June 3, 2012

Uncle Chad, Aunt Sandi, and Alex came by!

Daddy's best friend Chad, wife Sandi, and daughter Alex are moving from Wyoming to Washington, DC, and passed through here last night on their drive out there to do some househunting!  It had been a long time since I saw them, since our trip to Hawaii in April 2009, when I wasn't even 2 years old yet.  So although I didn't really remember Alex at first, it didn't matter to me at all even though she's now 8, we quickly became friends again and had a great time.

They arrived at about 7:30 PM and stayed overnight, leaving this morning after breakfast.  So it was a quick trip, but fun.  Alex slept in the top bunk of my bed, which meant that I had my very first sleepover!  With them arriving so late, Mommy and Daddy were under no illusions that we would be going to sleep any time soon.  In fact, they pretty much just left it up to us as to when we fell asleep.  Chad and Daddy also stayed up super late, catching up.  In fact, that's how they know we were still playing my room at 11:30 at night!  We did finally fall asleep a little after that - we were just having so much fun!




I was super sad to see them go!  But hopefully we'll get to see them a little more often now that they're closer - Daddy tells me it's only about a 3 hour flight away, and we've already been invited out, once they find somewhere to live!