Saturday, May 26, 2012

We're in Chicago!

Yesterday we drove up to Chicago, Illinois to visit Mommy's Aunt Julie and Uncle Bobby, and see her cousin Lissa graduate from high school.  It was a long drive, punctuated by a lot of traffic and potty breaks, but we finally made it.  And when I met cousin Lissa, I knew we were going to have a great time!  She was super nice to me right away, and was just like a big sister.  Even though this was her graduation weekend, she spent lots of time with me, reading, playing, teaching me things, just having a lot of fun.  And I loved it!  The first night we were there, we played with some Spanish word magnets and she taught me some new Spanish words!


I got to stay up pretty late at night playing - it was a vacation after all.  My bed was a futon, and I had brought two of my friends to cuddle with while I slept.  Daddy loved that one of them was his Teddy!  I picked Teddy first above all my other friends.  He thinks it's great that Teddy keeps getting a bunch of love! 


On Saturday I put on this pretty dress to go to the graduation.  I like giving big toothless grins!


Lissa was the salutatorian, and got to get up in front of everybody and give a speech.  I thought that was pretty neat.  After the ceremony, I gave her a lot of big hugs.  She even took me around with her to meet some of her friends! 


It was really sunny, but I opened my eyes long enough for a group photo.


Once we got back to the house, we had a barbecue with some of her other relatives, and then it was time for more play!  She still had a lot of toys from when she was little, so we had a great time!