Friday, April 20, 2012

Field Trip to Carriage Ridge Farm

Guess what my class did today at school!  We went on a field trip to a farm that was built in the late 1800s and has been restored.  They still plow the fields using horses rather than a tractor!  Guess what was even better!  Mommy volunteered to be one of the chaperones and she came with us!

On the way to Carriage Ridge Farm one of my teachers, "crazy haired" Ms. Michelle, decided we should sing the whole way there to entertain the bus driver.  I could tell he LOVED hearing us sing in our outdoor voices.  We started with "The Wheels on the Bus Go 'round and 'round".  Mommy was so impressed with all the new verses Ms. Michelle came up with.  (Well, I don't know if Ms. Michelle wrote all the verses, but Mommy said she'd never heard them before.)  Here my friend Avery and I are doing the "'round and 'round" hand motions with the song.


As soon as we got off the bus and saw all those green lawns, we had to get some wiggles out.  Do you know how fun it is to hold hands and spin in circles really fast?  Avery and I got pretty dizzy!



Because both the "A-14 Red and Yellow Groups" were on the field trip, we divided into our separate groups so we wouldn't overcrowd the exhibits.  Here I am with my yellow group.  My teachers, Ms. Natalie (far left) and Ms. Carla (next to me) were having a great time trying to count all the sheep in the field that we were looking at.



Did you know eggs come from chickens?  I knew that.  What I didn't know before this visit was how stinky a hen house can be!  



All too soon the field trip and lunch were over.  But we ran around and played as much as we could before the bus driver came back for us.  Did you know that Mommy gets scared over the silliest things?  I don't know why she was worried about me running along this seating area.  Just because one or two boys tripped and fell off didn't mean I was going to do the same thing.  (I know Daddy wouldn't have been scared!)


Mommy was able to come with my class today because she was on leave.  She told me when she retires next year she'll be able to volunteer for lots of class field trips.  I can't wait!