Saturday, March 31, 2012

Newport Aquarium

Today was pretty cold and cloudy so we went down to Cincinnati to the Newport Aquarium.  It's actually in Kentucky, so I added another state to the list of those that I've been to!  I knew there were going to be sharks there, so the whole time I kept asking "where are the sharks?"  Of course, they were at the very end!

I got to touch a horseshoe crab and a starfish!  The horseshoe crab was super big, and the lady even turned it upside down so we could see all its legs.  Ewww!



I was really fascinated by the Japanese Spider Crabs.  They were huge!  I watched them for a long time until Daddy had to pull me away.  They were neat!


They had an aviary too, and I got to feed some of the birds!  A few of them were even fighting for the cup.  They were pretty hungry.


The jellyfish were super neat too!


At last, the sharks!  Daddy, LOOK!  Take a picture, quick!  Some of the tanks in the aquarium went all the way over our heads and down the other side of the walkway.  And one you could even stand on top of!


AAAHHH!  This big fish scared me a little as it swam by, right next to where I was standing!


It was a wonderful day at the aquarium, and it sure was nice to get out and do something different.  We had a lot of fun.