Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dayton Techfest

Today Mommy and Daddy found out about an event downtown called "TechFest" that is designed for school-age kids interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.  How could Daddy and I resist?  I'm close enough to Kindergarten!  Plus, Zoe and Mia were going to be there, so I definitely wanted to go.  After I got ready, Daddy had to laugh as he saw my selection of hairbows.  It's what I wanted!  Mommy and Daddy kept talking about someone called "Princess Leia".  But of course, they still thought I looked adorable!


At TechFest, they had all kinds of interesting and geeky exhibits.  I got to try my hand at controlling the Wright Flyer.  It was tricky!


We made some silly putty using glue and water and some other things.  It was fun, and the best part was it was messy!


One of the exhibits had an infrared camera.  We made lots of silly faces in it and it was neat to see what parts of our bodies were the warmest.


Aaah!  A skeleton!  Daddy sure was being silly.  But then I asked him all about the different bones, and he and Mommy taught me as much as they could.  I thought it was really neat, and when we got home, I even felt and counted Daddy and my ribs!


One room had a bunch of old computers, and I was fasincated with the slide rule!


Daddy showed me this Commodore 64, which was the first computer Papa bought when Daddy was little.  He remembers doing all kinds of programming on it!


There was a big police SUV parked outside.  I don't know why it was there, but the nice policeman asked if I wanted to sit in the driver's seat.  He didn't need to ask me twice!  I jumped right up.  Then he told me to press a button on the control panel to my right.  It really made Mommy and Daddy jump when the siren squawked at them!


I was still recovering from being really sick this past week, so I got worn out quickly and we left before we got to see everything.  But we sure had a great time while we were there!