Sunday, October 23, 2011

Update on Mommy and flying with Daddy

After Mommy's surgery on Tuesday, Daddy took the next few days off to help her out, but I still went to preschool. I was a super big help to Mommy each day, got things for her, and even learned how to help put on and take off the sling she has to wear for two weeks.

Every night since I was born, Mommy and Daddy have sung "You are our sunshine" to me in bed. But this week I've often insisted that we go in their room and Daddy and I sing to Mommy! They both thought that was really sweet. I love Mommy and Daddy!

Today Daddy and I went flying to Cincinatti for lunch, which gave Mommy a chance to get some rest.  She took a nice long nap which will hopefully help her get better quickly.  As we were on the airport, someone said to Daddy, "I see you have your copilot there", to which I replied, "I'm his engineer!"  Daddy asked me about this later, and I said I can't be the copilot, because the copilot sits up front like Mommy.  Instead, I'm the engineer.  Well, yes, he thought, Flight Engineers did sit behind the pilots back when airliners had them.  But how did I know that?  We don't know, but now it's settled, I'm his Flight Engineer!

I've also really started to like it when Daddy does "roller coasters" in the air.  He'll go up super steep and then pitch over so that I feel light in my seat.  It's just like a roller coaster and I lift my hands up and scream just like I'm on one!  I keep asking him to do it again and again.  I love flying (one day I told him I made a wish, and that wish was to fly with him in a jet and go upside down - he said we might have to wait on that)!