Monday, October 31, 2011

First Halloween in Ohio

I was very excited about going out for Halloween this year.  It was our first one in Ohio, and I'm old enough now where I could go to lots of houses!  We were ready to go right at 6 PM.


As Mommy stayed home to hand out candy, Daddy and I went way down our street, up a side street and all the way back.  I ran almost the whole time between houses.  Daddy couldn't keep up!  I remembered to always be polite and said "thank you" when I got candy.  I even got candy from a fire truck that was in our neighborhood!  Daddy and I were pretty sneaky too - we stopped about half way through and had a little "snack".  I said I wanted to keep it a secret from Mommy, and I did - all the way up until we got home!

On the way back up our street, as we got closer to home, Daddy asked if I wanted to go home or go down another street.  I just wanted to go home, so I could ring the doorbell and say "trick or treat" to Mommy.  She was pretty surprised!  Then Daddy and I sat on the stairs, waited for more kids to show up at our hosue, and ate some of our candy.  What a great night!