Saturday, June 11, 2011

I am 4!

For months now, I have been telling everyone that I have a birthday coming up.  And it's finally here!  I've been excited all week.  We had a party with my friends (Zoe, Mia, Shobhana, Tori, and Alex) and were able to eat and play outside since it was so nice.

Mia was the first to get here.  She had a soccer game later on so she got here early for more play!


We had lunch outside, but I wasn't really interested in lunch.  I knew what was coming next, dessert!  I had the type of dessert all picked out weeks ago - cupcakes with princess rings on them.  The number "4" on my cake is the same one we used for Mommy's birthday back in December.  Fun!


Mommy brought out my first present earlier than the others, for good reason.  It was a two-person slip-and-slide!  All of us had a lot of fun on this and played for a long time.


Then it was on to presents!  Now that I'm 4, I know all about presents, and was pretty excited to open them up.  I got a lot of great gifts.  Barbies, Princess and mermaid toys!


Mommy bought a bunch of balloons and a hand pump to make balloon toys with.  Of course I asked Daddy if he could make something.  Everybody wanted something!  Daddy quickly figured out how to make flowers, swords (which looked a lot like flowers turned around), and even a silly "halo" hat for me.  We all loved them!


Too soon it was time for all my friends to leave.  But Grandma and Papa didn't have to yet!  I really wanted to dance, so we turned on some music and got to it.  Papa sure is a good dancer!


And so is Grandma!


Naturally, I wanted to show them how Daddy and I dance.  We love scaring Mommy!


What a great day.  I'm already talking about when I turn 5!