Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daddy's work picnic

Daddy's organization had a picnic today and he brought me along!  Mommy joined us for a little bit too.  It was at the recreational area on the base, called "Bass Lake".  I got to run around and play a lot with the other kids, and had a great time. 

I "learned" how to play a new game called "cornhole" where you try to throw the bean bag into the hole.  I did pretty good at this range!


There were some fire trucks there for us to see, and after a while they started spraying water all over us kids.  There was a lot of water, it was like a giant sprinkler!  So I ran right over.


Get ready!


And here it comes!


All of the kids also had an impromptu turg-of-war.  It was boys versus girls and we tugged each other all over the park.  I did at one point come running up to Daddy to tell him that "the boys aren't sharing", but once he let me know that was the whole point of tug-of-war, I caught right on!  A few times Daddy helped the boys, and a few times he helped us girls!  I certainly was trying hard to win.