Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Power's out! Happy Birthday Daddy!

The power was still out this morning so Daddy fired up the generator at about 7:30 AM.  First he hooked up the blower for the gas furnace, since it was about 58 degrees in the house and much colder outside!  Then he connected the refrigerator, TV and internet.  Since all the roads were icy and over 40,000 houses were without power, Mommy got the whole day off today again!  One thing I really wanted to do with her, and she agreed, was to paint my fingernails.  I may be like Daddy in many ways, but sometimes I like to do girl stuff with Mommy too!  I held really still and she was able to do a great job.


And after the fingernails, why not the toenails?  After all, we weren't going anywhere!  Mommy told me to be very careful with my fingernails until the nail polish dried, and look how carefully I'm holding my hands.


That afternoon, the Racz family invited us over for dinner, since they still had power.  Of course, ours came on at about 4:30 PM, before we left, but we were still happy to go.

When we got there, we all sang Happy Birthday to Daddy.  I sang super loud!  And I sang it a couple more times too just for fun.  Later that night I got dressed up with Zoe and Mia.  I like getting dressed up like Daddy's little princess, and he loves giving me big hugs!