Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mommy was away this week, but she's back!

Mommy went out of town this week, to San Antonio, Texas.  She was presiding at a friend's retirement ceremony and was gone from Tuesday morning until Friday night.  I really missed her, and got really sad a few times!  But Daddy and I still had a lot of fun doing "Daddy-daughter" things.  He even came to play with me for a while at school one day!  (He actually got to hear one of the greatest compliments ever from one of my friends - "Piper, your Dad's cool!"  He loved it!)

One Friday I drew a picture for Mommy to give her when she got home.  I drew it all by myself, without any ideas or advice from Daddy, so it really shows how much I love Mommy!  There's Mommy and I, smiling, with a pretty flower, and not one but TWO suns shining, and a rainbow too.  I was really happy about Mommy coming back home!


Mommy got back home so late Friday night that I was already in bed, so it wasn't until Saturday morning when I woke up that I got to see her!

I was really happy, especially since it's Memorial Day weekend and we have the whole three days with each other.