Monday, June 11, 2007

I just arrived!

Today was my birthday! I was delivered at 9:53 PM today, June 11th. I am 21 inches long and weigh 7 pounds, 12 ounces. It was a hard day. Mommy was in labor for 16 hours after being induced this morning. It was very tough on her. I hope that someday I can let her know how much I appreciate what she went through to have me.

It wasn't easy on me either, though! I was squished and pushed for most of those 16 hours. I was having problems figuring out which way the exit was, so eventually the doctor reached in with the forceps and pulled me out. I sure had a big cone head! The nurses reassured Mommy and Daddy that it would get better quickly. I hope so!

I had a little trouble breathing at first, so the nurses put me on oxygen for a little while. This didn't last long, maybe 20 minutes, and then all my alveoli were working and I could breathe on my own.

I also had my first bath. I didn't like it very much and made a little bit of a fuss, but I looked so much better when it was over.

One of the first things everybody noticed was my long fingers and feet. Given the size of my grandparents, aunts, and uncles, I'm sure to grow nice and tall.

Well it's been a tough day. I think Mommy and Daddy want to get some sleep. But I hope they figure out a name for me soon. I don't want to be known as "Baby Roslewski" all my life!