Sunday, August 19, 2012

We went on a canoe trip!

Daddy and I went canoeing today down the Little Miami River!  There is an outfit that takes you in a shuttle bus upstream a few miles and then you float back down to where you started.  We opted for the shortest route, whihc took about two hours.  I had been talking about it almost nonstop since this past Friday when Daddy asked me if I wanted to go.  I was super excited, and I wasn't disappointed!  It was a lot of fun and I want to do it again, hopefully with Mommy!

Here were are at the beginning, before the shuttle bus ride.  Ready to go!


I tried to help paddle as much as I could, and did a great job of alerting Daddy to any big logs coming up.


Of course, I did have to take some time to dip my toes in the water!


When he first asked me if I wanted to go, I told him we would need to bring some M&Ms.  This is because I remember the last time we went canoeing, Mommy snuck aboard some M&Ms for Daddy and me to share.  What amazed Daddy was that the last time we went canoeing was May 31st, 2010, over two years ago, when we visited Mommy in Wisconsin!  So, sure enough, we brought along some M&Ms and had a little snack.


It was a great day with Daddy.  The only thing that would have made it even better is if Mommy had been there too!